NYLESA members looking for employment in New York can now benefit from a web-based roster platform hosted by the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation, UNOSSC.
The aim of the NYLESA Roster is to provide employers, within and outside the international civil service in New York, with a pool of international job candidates.
A gateway to employment in New York
The NYLESA Roster is powered by WIDE, a roster platform that is used by offices at the UN Secretariat, UNDP and Specialized Agencies. Wide is a web-based service platform that enables institutions to build and maintain rosters of experts. The NYLESA Roster will consist of a repository of online profiles that can be searched by WIDE users as well as outside employers. The roster was launched on 14th November 2017.
If you have any questions about the NYLESA Roster please contact the NYLESA Career Coordinator, Nessreen, at email@example.com
Using the NYLESA Roster is easy. Below is a Step-By-Step guide to registering.
- If you have never registered for membership in any of the rosters hosted by WIDE, click on "New Applicant". If you already are an existing member of WIDE, please use your existing log-in information (email and password).
- Once you have filled-in the required information for new applicant, click "Check for Duplicates" -> ("I'm not in the lists above") -> "Confirm Registration"
- You will now receive an email with the registration information and a temporary password with which you will be able to access your professional profile in WIDE.
- Go to the Login page and log-in with your email address and the temporary password provided.
- Once you are logged-in your Professional Profile Editor, you can change your password to a permanent one and fill-in your Professional Profile.
- Please note that your resume should only include your professional history and email. Do not include phone, address or any details about family members.
You do not need to complete the entire profile (work experience and education section) provided you attach/upload an updated copy of your resume. Only select your languages, regional experience, skills and areas of expertise.
Remember to regularly update your personal profile on the roster, to ensure it reflects your current skills!