Become a Member
The NYLESA membership is open to any spouse or partner of a UN Staff member. By "spouse or partner" we are referring to a person to whom a UN Staff member is affiliated by virtue of marriage or a registered partnership recognized by a competent national or sub-national authority.
Membership is valid for one year from the month of subscription. For example, if you join the association on May 15, 2017, the membership will be valid until May 31, 2018. The membership fee for the year 2017 is US$30.
Why should you become a member of NYLESA?
Settle into Life in NYC
- Get information about living in the NYC area (housing/schools/healthcare etc)
- Make friends and build a support network
- Take advantage of arts and cultural events in NYC
- Join us for excursions and weekend activities
Get Career and Employment Support
- Gain valuable information and tips about working in the US
- Learn how to apply for a UN job and access UN job openings
- Participate in our career and professional development workshops and seminars
- Improve your networking skills
- Gather professional volunteer experience
Continue your Personal Development
- Socialize at our NYLESA coffee and cocktail gatherings
- Practise your language skills at our many language tables
- Benefit from NYLESA coaching sessions
Promote your Business
- Advertise your business or create partnerships with other members
- Access exclusive services, perks and discounts offered to NYLESA members
- Share your talents and skills by offering a workshop to our members
Gain Full Access to the Web, Exclusive Content, Social Media Groups and Obtain your Membership Card
- Access exclusive content such as the NYLESA NYC guide "Welcome Pack" and all "Members Only" sections of the web
- Create a web profile and connect with other members at the web forums
- Join NYLESA discussions at the social media closed groups
- Receive your NYLESA Membership Card and enjoy special discounts
There are three ways in which you can submit your membership application and pay your annual membership fee.
1. Register and pay online (recommended):
2. Register online and send the ID proof and payment by post:
3. Register online and bring the ID proof and payment in person
|1.1. Sign up by filling the Membership Online Application
1.2. Then email us your “ID verification document (copy of your G4 Visa, if the name of your spouse or partner appears in the annotation section, or a copy of your UN family ID card)”
1.3. Pay the annual membership fee of US$30 by clicking on the PayPal symbol below. Please note that you don’t need to have a PayPal account to pay your fees. You can pay with your credit or debit card by clicking on the link below the PayPal section on the PayPal login page.
|2.1. Sign up by filling the Membership Online Application
2.2. Then email us or send by post your “ID verification document (copy of your G4 Visa, if the name of your spouse or partner appears in the annotation section, or a copy of your UN family ID card)” and a check for US$30 made payable to NYLESA (please write in the cheque “Membership fee” as the reference for the payment) to the following address:
Mr. Eric Pasqualli (NYLESA Treasurer)
4545 Center Boulevard - apt 2201
Long Island City, NY 11109
|3.1. Sign up by filling the Membership Online Application
3.2. Bring a check for US$30 made out to NYLESA (please write in the check “Membership fee” as the reference for the payment) along with the ID verification document to any of NYLESA’s monthly gatherings.
The sooner you submit your completed Membership Form and pay your annual Membership Fee the faster you’ll start to get the full benefits of NYLESA Membership!